JOIN THE CHICAGO COHORT
- Learn strategies for growing and sustaining a successful family child care business.
- Enhance your work as both a business owner and educator.
- Develop and implement monthly quality improvement plan.
- Gain an understanding of your role as a change agent—at the individual, business, and community levels.
- Demonstrate competencies aligned with the IL Family Child Care Credential and ExceleRate™ Illinois QRIS.
- Learn together with other family child care providers and build a professional learning community.
AREAS OF FOCUS:
- Advocacy. Business. Environment Management. (aligned with IL Gateways to Opportunity Family Child Care Credential)
aligned with IL Gateways to Opportunity Family Child Care Credential
- Fiscal Management. Risk Management. Record Keeping. Contracts & Handbooks. Marketing. Family Partnerships. (aligned with ExceleRate™ Illinois and the Business Administration Scale for Family Child Care)
- Quality Improvement Plans. Change Management.
(aligned with ExceleRate™ Illinois)
(all sessions take place at the Irish American Heritage Center unless otherwise indicated)
October 14, 2017 | Orientation | NLU, Chicago Campus
November 4, 2017
December 16, 2017
January 20, 2018
February 10, 2018
March 17, 2018 | NLU, Chicago Campus
April 7, 2018
May 9-10, 2018 | Leadership Connections | Westin | Wheeling, IL
June 9, 2018 | NLU, Wheeling Campus
August 31, 2017
September 11, 12, 13, 2017
October 14 | 10am-12pm | NLU Chicago Campus
View the Flyer
- Total clock hours: 119
- Illinois Gateways for Opportunity Approved
- Applies toward the Illinois Director Credential (IDC) Core Competency Requirements
- Other Credit Details: College credit may be available
Questions?Barb Volpe at firstname.lastname@example.org 847.947.5132
Your local child care resource and referral agency may have scholarship funds available to assist with your registration or tuition costs for this event. Find your local CCR&R.