Apply for the 2018 Series | Application Deadline: May 25, 2018
Several trainers from across the country (Illinois excluded) are selected each year to participate in the Director’s Toolbox Training-for-Trainers initiative. Participants attend the McCormick Center’s Taking Charge of Change™ (TCC) institute held in August at the McCormick Center’s training facility in Wheeling, Illinois (14 miles from O’Hare Airport). This institute is attended by 20-30 program directors.
The trainers are active participants in the institute while they learn the content of Director’s Toolbox Management Series. Playing this dual role helps ensure they understand the curriculum from both the participants’ and trainers’ perspectives. Training-for-Trainers participants learn strategies for supporting quality improvements in center-based programs as well as planning and conducting dynamic workshops using the Director’s Toolbox Management Series books and trainer’s guides.
Training-for-Trainers participants arrive a day prior to the institute to receive an orientation about the training model. During the institute, they meet with McCormick Center faculty in the evenings to debrief on each day’s topics and discuss ways they can integrate part, or all, of the Director’s Toolbox Management Series—trainer’s guides, instructional strategies, mentoring activities, and evaluation design—into their local/state training or director credentialing projects.
- May 25, 2018 Applications due
- June 2018 Notification of acceptance
- July 2018 Pre-Institute assignments
- July 29, 2018 Pre-institute briefing (begins at 2:00 p.m.) and dinner
- July 30-August 4, 2018 Convening Institute
- November 8-9, 2018 Connecting Institute (optional)
- May 8-11, 2019 Culminating Institute and Leadership Connections™ National Conference (optional)
The 2018 fee for the Director’s Toolbox Training-for-Trainers is $2,900 per participant. This includes:
- Participation in the Pre-Institute briefing and TCC Convening Institute
- Hotel accommodations (single occupancy) for six nights
- All meals during the Convening Institute
- TCC participant materials (binder, 10 books, program assessment tool)
- Director’s Toolbox trainer materials
Questions?Contact Jill Bella at firstname.lastname@example.org
Your local child care resource and referral agency may have scholarship funds available to assist with your registration or tuition costs for this event. Find your local CCR&R.