The McCormick Center for Early Childhood Leadership at National Louis University (NLU) is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Assessor & Training Specialist.
This position supports the City of Chicago (COC) assessment team. The Assessor & Training Specialist is responsible for providing assessment for Chicago Public Schools early childhood programs, conducting inter-reliability assessments, and writing accurate reports.
- Provides evaluation of City of Chicago early childhood programs.
- Prepares and submits evaluation reports according to the required time frame and criteria.
- Participates in inter-rater reliability training for all required evaluation tools and maintains the required level of reliability.
- Attends all assessment team, supervision, and all-staff meetings.
- Bachelors Degree required, master’s degree strongly preferred. Early Childhood Education or related field.
- Teaching or administrative experience in the field of early childhood education.
- Willingness to travel within Chicago, Wheeling and attend ongoing training to obtain and retain in assessment tools.
- High level of prior leadership experience, skill and reliability on observation tools.
- Extensive travel, walking, bending, classroom environment-continuous standing, lifting boxes, setting up training environments.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Full time.
- This position is located on the Chicago campus of National Louis University (NLU).
- Complete an online application available at: https://jobs.nl.edu/postings/3638
The McCormick Center for Early Childhood Leadership at National Louis University (NLU) is dedicated to enhancing the management skills, professional orientation, and leadership capacity of early childhood administrators. The activities of the Center encompass four areas: training and technical assistance, program evaluation, research, and public awareness.
NLU is a 130+ year old university that has been grounded in the values of innovation, access, and excellence from its inception. As an institution we believe in providing access to educational opportunity and that education is our greatest lever for social and economic mobility.
At NLU, we offer our employees an innovative environment to work together and inspire the ideas that will make an impact. As our external environment changes, our employees are provided the opportunities and tools needed to grow both personally and professionally to remain successful. NLU employees and dependents are offered a wide range of benefits, including but not limited to, Health Insurance benefits, Retirement benefits, Paid Time Off and Educational Benefits.
National Louis University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and encourages applications from women, people of color, individuals with disabilities, and veterans.