The McCormick Center for Early Childhood Leadership at National Louis University (NLU) is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Business Specialist supporting the City of Chicago (COC) assessment system.
This position serves as the primary contact on City of Chicago (COC) budget and National Louis University (NLU), develops budgets for the COC contract, and monitors the financial expenses of the COC contract.
- Oversees accounts receivable and accounts payable for COC contract.
- Develops budgets for the COC contract.
- Prepares data to ensure proper compliance with NLU’s guidelines, policies, and procedures.
- Develops ways to effectively track progress and/or identify potential issues.
- Generates fiscal reports as needed.
- Serves as financial liaison to the COC.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, or a related field.
- Knowledge of early childhood education.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills and the ability to forecast the larger picture for sustainability of a grants and contracted operation.
- Proficiency with Microsoft 2010, Access, Excel, QuickBooks, Banner, and other data and spreadsheet programs.
- Must have good writing skills and be detail-oriented with success in establishing effective systems.
- Must be creative, flexible, and able to multitask.
- Good interpersonal skills and experience working in an office environment.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Full time.
- This position is located on the Chicago campus of National Louis University (NLU).
- Complete an online application available at: https://jobs.nl.edu/postings/3637
The McCormick Center for Early Childhood Leadership at National Louis University (NLU) is dedicated to enhancing the management skills, professional orientation, and leadership capacity of early childhood administrators. The activities of the Center encompass four areas: training and technical assistance, program evaluation, research, and public awareness.
NLU is a 130+ year old university that has been grounded in the values of innovation, access, and excellence from its inception. As an institution we believe in providing access to educational opportunity and that education is our greatest lever for social and economic mobility.
At NLU, we offer our employees an innovative environment to work together and inspire the ideas that will make an impact. As our external environment changes, our employees are provided the opportunities and tools needed to grow both personally and professionally to remain successful. NLU employees and dependents are offered a wide range of benefits, including but not limited to, Health Insurance benefits, Retirement benefits, Paid Time Off and Educational Benefits.
National Louis University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and encourages applications from women, people of color, individuals with disabilities, and veterans.