The McCormick Center for Early Childhood Leadership at National Louis University is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Quality Training Specialist. This position will work closely with the Report and Certification Manager and with the Professional Learning team to update, develop, and facilitate new and existing professional learning experiences. Assists with training logistics. Maintains reliability with the national anchors on the Program Administration Scale (PAS) and Business Administration Scale for Family Child Care (BAS). Reviews assessments for certification and recertification.
Quality Supports Training Logistics
- Respond to inquiries about trainings with Director of Professional Learning and/or Managers. Create contracts and training forms. Serve as a point person for clients. Assist with preparation of training materials for shipment. Coordinate and assist with material organization and room set-up for trainings. Coordinate and assist with on-site and off-site training logistics. Enter and summarize data for team and funder reports.
Training Development and Facilitation
- Co-facilitate trainings and assist with trainings as necessary. Work with the Professional Learning Team to create and update training and webinar PowerPoints, handouts, and other materials. Assist in the development/revisions of academy content and facilitate portions of academies. Conduct PAS and BAS assessments for academy participants. Create sample documentation for PAS and BAS activities (transcripts, handouts). Participate in training video development (talent, organizing, transcribing, viewing). With PAS–BAS committee review and clarify indicators, update notes, and respond to questions. Create a database of BAS questions and answers. With QS team, develop and review publication materials (e.g., brochures, handouts, Web site). Serve as MCECL liaison to family child care providers. Assist in the translation of handouts, PowerPoints, etc. into Spanish (if possible).
PAS and BAS Assessor Certification and Recertification
- Participates in inter-rater reliability training and maintains required level of reliability with national anchors on the PAS and BAS. Complete at least two PAS and BAS visits for reliability a year. With Quality Supports team, improve recertification system. Assist in coordination and facilitation of recertification webinars and assessments of learning. Review and correct PAS and BAS certification assessments and complete feedback forms. Review certification and recertification assignments.
General Office and Team Support
- Help keep common areas clean and tidy. Keep McCormick Center calendars current. Represent the Center in a professional and ethical manner and assist with other duties as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree required, master’s degree strongly preferred, in early childhood education or related field.
- Knowledge of adult learning theory as it applies to curriculum development and training implementation.
- Knowledge of early childhood development and early childhood leadership is preferred.
- Teaching or administrative experience in the field of early childhood education.
- Strong writing and communication skills.
- Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Willingness to travel.
- Experience as a workshop presenter and meeting facilitator.
- Experience conducting different program quality assessments such as the PAS, BAS, Environment Rating Scales (ERS), or Classroom Assessment Scoring System (CLASS).
- Willingness to attend ongoing training to retain certification or reliability in administering and interpreting results for different program assessments.
- Bilingual a plus
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Full time. Salary commensurate with experience.
- This position is located on the Wheeling campus of National Louis University (NLU).
- NLU offers an attractive benefits package, including tuition waivers for full-time employees and dependents.
- Complete an online application at: https://jobs.nl.edu/postings/3383
The McCormick Center for Early Childhood Leadership at National Louis University (NLU) is dedicated to enhancing the management skills, professional orientation, and leadership capacity of early childhood administrators. The activities of the Center encompass four areas: training and technical assistance, program evaluation, research, and public awareness.
NLU is a 130+ year old university that has been grounded in the values of innovation, access, and excellence from its inception. As an institution we believe in providing access to educational opportunity and that education is our greatest lever for social and economic mobility.
At NLU, we offer our employees an innovative environment to work together and inspire the ideas that will make an impact. As our external environment changes, our employees are provided the opportunities and tools needed to grow both personally and professionally to remain successful. NLU employees and dependents are offered a wide range of benefits, including but not limited to, Health Insurance benefits, Retirement benefits, Paid Time Off and Educational Benefits.
National Louis University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and encourages applications from women, people of color, individuals with disabilities, and veterans.