The McCormick Center for Early Childhood Leadership at National Louis University (NLU) is seeking qualified candidates for a Research Associate. The part-time position (one day per week) and limited duration (through April 13, 2018) may be ideal for individuals seeking temporary work and additional experience in quantitative research.
This position is responsible for supporting the design and execution of research and evaluation activities. The Research Associate works closely with the principal investigator and research team members. Activities include collecting, processing, analyzing, and evaluating datasets to meet project deadlines and to produce research reports and other materials for a variety of audiences.
- Facilitate data collection and process raw data to create clean and well-structured datasets. Analyze data following protocols and procedures to yield empirical evidence that meets rigorous guidelines and standards.
- Serve on research teams to create, review, revise, and validate assessment tools and survey instruments. Participate in project meetings with research teams and clients (partnering organizations).
- Collaborate with research teams to write, edit, and produce research reports, briefs, and manuscripts for publication. Coordinate with McCormick Center’s marketing department to produce printed and electronic communication products.
- Master’s Degree.
- One year of previous experience in quantitative research methodology.
- Experience with advanced quantitative analysis methods including factor analysis.
- Experience with validating survey instruments.
- Experience in education, early childhood education, sociology, or related fields.
- Knowledge of equity issues in diverse communities and social service programs.
- Experience in team-based work environments.
- Complete an online application available at: https://jobs.nl.edu/postings/3554
The McCormick Center for Early Childhood Leadership at National Louis University (NLU) is dedicated to enhancing the management skills, professional orientation, and leadership capacity of early childhood administrators. The activities of the Center encompass four areas: training and technical assistance, program evaluation, research, and public awareness.
NLU is a 130+ year old university that has been grounded in the values of innovation, access, and excellence from its inception. As an institution we believe in providing access to educational opportunity and that education is our greatest lever for social and economic mobility.
At NLU, we offer our employees an innovative environment to work together and inspire the ideas that will make an impact. As our external environment changes, our employees are provided the opportunities and tools needed to grow both personally and professionally to remain successful. NLU employees and dependents are offered a wide range of benefits, including but not limited to, Health Insurance benefits, Retirement benefits, Paid Time Off and Educational Benefits.
National Louis University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and encourages applications from women, people of color, individuals with disabilities, and veterans.