The McCormick Center for Early Childhood Leadership at National Louis University (NLU) is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Technical Training Assistance Specialist. The Technical Assistance Specialist provides evaluation of state early childhood programs.
- Provides evaluation of state early childhood programs using Environment Rating Scales, Classroom Assessment Scoring System tools, and Program/Business Administration Scales.
- Prepares and submits accurate evaluation reports according to required time frame and criteria.
- Participates in inter-rater reliability training for all required evaluation tools and maintains required level of reliability.
- Assures accurate documentation and protocol for the Illinois State Board of Education Compliance Checklist.
- Attends all staff, assessment, and supervision meetings.
- Bachelor’s degree required, master’s degree strongly preferred in early childhood education or related field
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Teaching, training, or administrative experience in the field of early childhood education
- Willingness to travel within the state of Illinois
- Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Willingness to attend ongoing training to retain certification or reliability in administering and interpreting results for different program assessments.
- Prior experience in early childhood assessment preferred.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Full time. Salary commensurate with experience.
- This position is remote and requires travel to the Wheeling campus to attend all staff, assessment and supervision meetings.
- NLU offers an attractive benefits package including tuition waivers for full-time employees and dependents.
- Complete an online application available at: https://jobs.nl.edu/postings/3408
The McCormick Center for Early Childhood Leadership at National Louis University (NLU) is dedicated to enhancing the management skills, professional orientation, and leadership capacity of early childhood administrators. The activities of the Center encompass four areas: training and technical assistance, program evaluation, research, and public awareness.
NLU is a 130+ year old university that has been grounded in the values of innovation, access, and excellence from its inception. As an institution we believe in providing access to educational opportunity and that education is our greatest lever for social and economic mobility.
At NLU, we offer our employees an innovative environment to work together and inspire the ideas that will make an impact. As our external environment changes, our employees are provided the opportunities and tools needed to grow both personally and professionally to remain successful. NLU employees and dependents are offered a wide range of benefits, including but not limited to, Health Insurance benefits, Retirement benefits, Paid Time Off and Educational Benefits.
National Louis University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and encourages applications from women, people of color, individuals with disabilities, and veterans.