The McCormick Center specializes in leadership development in the field of early care and education. Build new knowledge and skills through our collaborative and reflective approach to learning. Engage in dynamic discussions that foster fresh ideas, a toolbox of resources, and a new network of colleagues.
PRESENTATIONS AND WORKSHOPS
New information comes across your desk daily, but how do you sort through what’s relevant for your program? These focused professional development experiences help you keep on top of the latest research, stay abreast of best practice, overcome a challenge, or tackle a new skill. Sample topics include:
- Widening the Lens: Looking at Quality from an Administration Perspective
- Getting Ready for the PAS Online Module
- Leading the Way to Quality: The Director’s Role
- Supporting Directors as the Gatekeepers to Quality
- Program Administration Scale (PAS) Reliability Training
- More Than a Nurturing Heart: Looking at Quality from a Business Administration Perspective
- Getting Ready for the BAS Online Module
- Catching on to the BAS: What Providers Need to Know About Business and Professional Practices
- Promoting Excellence in Family Child Care
- Business Administration Scale for Family Child Care (BAS) Reliability Training
- Using technology and social media to boost enrollment
Embrace change! Our professional development institutes offer a framework of intensive training and reflective practice to help you achieve and sustain personal and organizational growth. Overcome challenges, master new concepts, and implement effective program strategies—all while building your leadership and management capacities. Earn college credit or points toward a credential as your program works towards higher QRIS levels. Some of our institutes include:
- Taking Charge of Change™ year-long leadership and management institute
- Program Administration Scale Reliability Training
- Business Administration Scale for Family Child Care Reliability Training
- Technology Institute
- Taking the Lead: A Family Child Care Initiative
- Fall Management Institute
Interested in having the McCormick Center come to you?
Learn more about our customized trainings and training-for-trainer options.