Gain an in-depth knowledge of the PAS by joining the network of distinguished Program Administration Scale (PAS) assessors from across the nation.
WHY SEEK CERTIFICATION?
Certified PAS assessors…
- Develop a deeper understanding the PAS and have demonstrated reliability in delivering the tool;
- Have access to an online version of the PAS that generates a computerized report from the assessment data; and
- May be eligible to seek positions or consultant roles that require PAS certification.
HOW TO BECOME A CERTIFIED PAS ASSESSOR
Attend PAS Reliability Training and achieve 85% or higher reliability on an assessment of learning outcomes. View upcoming training dates
Complete the online PAS Assessor Certification Application, Certified PAS Assessor Application and pay the $150 application fee.
Within three months of your participation in the PAS Reliability Training, conduct a PAS assessment of two early childhood centers.
- At the conclusion of each visit, provide the director with a Assessment Feedback Form—Director along with a stamped envelope addressed to the McCormick Center.
- Complete the Assessment Feedback Form—Assessor.
- Submit original PAS Books of the two completed assesments (including Items 23, 24, and 25 for all applicable staff), all worksheets, and the Assessment Feedback Form—Assessor to the McCormick Center.
Individuals who have reached this step may find the following notes, forms, and worksheets useful as they conduct PAS assessments. View Resources
Once all required materials are received, the two assessments will be reviewed and a feedback form for each assessment will be generated. Upon satisfactory review of the completed PAS assessments, PAS Certification will be awarded. In addition to your certification, you will receive a computer-generated, PAS Report for each of the centers assessed. Assessors who are deferred will have an opportunity to conduct another assessment for review within two months.
RENEWING YOUR CERTIFICATION
Certification is valid for two years and may be renewed through recertification.