Imagine what your program would look like if it were a true professional learning community—a place where teachers saw each new day as an opportunity to expand their competence and confidence and support one another in moving toward a shared vision of program excellence. Envision what your supervisory practices, professional development activities, and performance appraisal system would look like in such a work setting. This engaging and lively session provides you with strategies to help you build teacher competence, strengthen staff commitment, and expand opportunities for collaboration to make that vision come alive.
Five strategies that together will help you transform your center into a professional learning community will be presented:
- Developmental supervision—the foundation for reflective practice
- Teacher induction—a lifeline for novice teachers
- Individual learning plans—a roadmap for job-embedded learning
- Peer learning teams—the platform for collegial support
- 360-degree feedback—a catalyst for growth and change
- Total clock hours: 5..5
- Illinois Gateways for Opportunity Approved
Questions?Contact Katrina Gofron-Ellison at firstname.lastname@example.org or 815.344.5510 x16
Your local child care resource and referral agency may have scholarship funds available to assist with your registration or tuition costs for this event. Find your local CCR&R.