TAKING CHARGE OF CHANGE™
Leading an organization through change that drives quality improvement is a complex job. This leadership development program will empower and inspire you to embrace the change process. Explore topics that will help you strengthen your leadership style. Learn how to promote peak performance, enhance shared decision making, and build a strong organizational climate.
- Diagnose organizational problems and assess the need for change.
- Understand communication styles and build team cohesiveness.
- Make improvements toward a higher star level in the Illinois Quality Rating and Improvement System.
Join the ranks of more than 500 center directors in Illinois who have participated in this transformational professional development experience.
- Learn more about your role as a change agent.
- Be inspired to implement a quality improvement plan with the help of a mentor.
- Participate in interactive learning, guided reflections, and visits to exemplary programs.
- Receive a $500 grant for improving your program.
Early childhood center directors outside of Illinois can also participate in Taking Charge of Change. See if there’s a cohort in your state.
TAKING CHARGE OF CHANGE: TRAIN-THE-TRAINER
Take this innovative model of professional development back home with you to share the learning with others in your state. The Taking Charge of Change Train-the-Trainer program is appropriate for:
- College instructors
- Supervisors of multi-site programs
- Child care resource and referral technical assistance specialists
- Organizational consultants who support directors’ quality enhancement endeavors