Gain an in-depth knowledge of the BAS by joining the network of distinguished Business Administration Scale for Family Child Care (BAS) assessors from across the nation.
WHY SEEK CERTIFICATION?
Certified BAS assessors…
- Develop a deeper understanding the BAS and have demonstrated reliability in delivering the tool;
- Have access to an online version of the BAS that generates a computerized report from the assessment data; and
- May be eligible to seek positions or consultant roles that require BAS certification.
HOW TO BECOME A CERTIFIED BAS ASSESSOR
Attend BAS Reliability Training and achieve 83% or higher reliability on an assessment of learning outcomes. View upcoming training dates
Complete the online BAS Assessor Certification Application and pay the $150 application fee.
Within three months of your participation in the BAS Reliability Training, conduct a BAS assessment of two family child care programs.
- At the conclusion of each visit, give the provider the Assessment Feedback Form—Provider along with a stamped envelope addressed to the McCormick Center.
- Complete the Assessment Feedback Form—Assessor.
- Submit original BAS Books of the two completed BAS assessments, the Provider Qualifications Worksheets, and the Assessment Feedback Form—Assessor to the McCormick Center.
Individuals who have reached this step may find the following notes, forms, and worksheets useful as they conduct BAS assessments. View Resources
Once all required materials are received, the two assessments will be reviewed and a feedback form for each assessment will be generated. Upon satisfactory review of the completed BAS assessments, BAS Certification will be awarded. In addition to your certification, you will receive a computer-generated, BAS Report for each of the programs assessed. Assessors who are deferred will have an opportunity to conduct another assessment for review within two months.
RENEWING YOUR CERTIFICATION
Certification is valid for two years and may be renewed through recertification.