Application Deadline | Taking the Lead: A Family Child Care Initiative
APPLICATION DEADLINE: AUGUST 31, 2018 | Cohort #5
Learn strategies to grow and sustain your business through this Leadership Academy. Apply to join Taking the Lead (TTL) and work alongside other family child care providers to enhance your skills as an entrepreneur and educator. Develop and implement a monthly quality improvement plan. Gain an understanding of your role as a change agent—at the individual, business, and community levels. Demonstrate competencies aligned with the Illinois Family Child Care Credential and ExceleRate™ Illinois QRIS.
Areas of focus include:
- Advocacy, business, and environment management (Aligned with IL Gateways to Opportunity Family Child Care Credential)
- Fiscal management, risk management, record keeping, contracts and handbooks, marketing, and family partnerships (Aligned with ExceleRate™ Illinois and the Business Administration Scale for Family Child Care)
- Quality Improvement Plans and change management (Aligned with ExceleRate™ Illinois)
Irish American Heritage Center*
4626 N. Knox Ave.
Chicago, IL 60630
*All sessions take place at the Irish American Heritage Center unless otherwise indicated.
For only $120, you receive:
- 48 hours of group learning (face-to-face) one Saturday per month (includes lunch)
- 35 hours of independent learning (online) between November 2018 and June 2019
- 16 hours of self-assessment and one-on-one mentoring
- 20 hours of the professional development at the 2019 Leadership Connections™ National Conference, including 2-day registration with free lodging
- 119 total contact hours and 6 points of Family Child Care Credential-approved training
- 10 quarter hours of undergraduate college course credit available for an additional fee
- A supportive network of colleagues to share ideas with, learn from, and discuss relevant issues
- Books, handouts, and materials
- A $300 program improvement grant
Valued at over $1000.
Note: The cost of $120 is for Illinois residents only. Out-of-state residents, please contact Barbara Volpe at email@example.com or 847-947-5132.
- Total clock hours: 119
- Illinois Gateways for Opportunity Approved
- Applies 6 points toward the Illinois Family Child Care Credential
- National Louis University College credit available for an additional fee:
- Undergraduate: 10 quarter hours
All meetings 8:30am to 5:30pm except Orientation (October 6: 10am-12pm)
Oct 6 | NLU, Wheeling campus
May 9-11 | Westin, Wheeling, IL
June 22 | NLU, Wheeling campus
*Jan 26 | Snowdate, McCormick Center
** Feb 23 | Snowdate, McCormick Center