PAS Assessor Certification and Recertification Documents
Is your goal is to understand the Program Administration Scale (PAS) at a deeper level or to administer the tools reliably in your state or region? If so, assessor certification is for you.
Why seek certification? Certified PAS assessors…
- Develop a deeper understanding the PAS and have demonstrated reliability in delivering the tool;
- Have access to an online version of the PAS that generates a computerized report from the assessment data; and
- May be eligible to seek positions or consultant roles that require PAS certification.
HOW TO BECOME A CERTIFIED PAS ASSESSOR
- Attend PAS Reliability Training and achieve 85% or higher reliability on an assessment of learning outcomes.
- Complete the online Certified PAS Assessor Application and pay the $150 application fee.
- Within three months of your participation in the PAS Reliability Training, conduct a PAS assessment of two early childhood centers. Be sure to follow these certification requirements when selecting the two centers.
- At the conclusion of each visit, provide the director with a Assessment Feedback Form—Administrator along with a stamped envelope addressed to the McCormick Center.
- Complete the Assessment Feedback Form—Assessor.
- Submit original PAS books of the two completed assesments (including Items 23, 24, and 25 for all applicable staff), all worksheets, and the Assessment Feedback Form—Assessor to the McCormick Center.
- Individuals who have reached this step may find the following resources useful as they conduct PAS assessments.
- Use this document to ensure you have all required materials for your submission. Links to forms you will need to complete can be found below. Once all required materials are received, the two assessments will be reviewed and a feedback form for each assessment will be generated. Upon satisfactory review of the completed PAS assessments, PAS Certification will be awarded. In addition to your certification, you will receive a computer-generated PAS Report for each of the centers assessed. Assessors who are deferred will have an opportunity to conduct another assessment for review within two months.
- Evaluation Informed Consent Form
- CDI Form
- PAS Item 23
- PAS Item 24
- PAS Item 25
- Administrator Qualifications Worksheet
- Teaching Staff Qualifications Worksheet
- Summary of Teaching Staff Qualifications Worksheet
- Item Summary Form Worksheet
- Assessment Feedback Form—Assessor
- Certified PAS Assessor Permission to Post Form
RENEWING YOUR CERTIFICATION
Certification is valid for two years and may be renewed through recertification.